Tickets (free) for the event on the 22nd September can be found here.
Submissions are currently open on the theme of ‘Small Differences Add Up.’
You can explore this theme in any way you want, as long as it has a positive environmental element.
Check out our Inspiration page for examples of what’s going on in Portsmouth and elsewhere in Hampshire. Our creatives will also be sharing writing prompts and tips, so keep watching!
Pens of the Earth has always been about celebrating the things which people can do to make a difference: positive tales of environmental grass roots change. This year’s theme was inspired by Andy Ames of Wilder Portsmouth, who said ‘everyone can make a small difference’ and that it all adds up. Andy is aiming to engage 1 in 4 people in Portsmouth in some way: ‘at that point things tip over and behaviour changes.’
We’ll be bringing you examples of what’s going on in Portsmouth and elsewhere in Hampshire to inspire you, and our creatives will be sharing writing prompts and tips, so keep watching!
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Fiction, poetry or narrative non-fiction.
- Length: 1,500 words maximum for stories; 40 lines maximum for poetry.
- Deadline: 30th September 2021.
- Where: Email your work directly to Richard at email@example.com
- Format: Please send your work in one of the following formats: Word .doc, Word .docx, LibreOffice/Openoffice .odt, Rich Text Format .rtf, plain text.
- By submitting your work, you agree that it may appear on this website. Of course, you retain full copyright for anything you send.
- Your work may be edited before publication.
- As the project is dedicated to positive environmental messages, we won’t be accepting dystopias or stark warnings. Please consider this when submitting.
- While we draw on environmental initiatives in Portsmouth and surrounding areas for inspiration, submissions do not have to be set in or about Portsmouth.
This year we will also be fundraising in aid of Wilder Portsmouth. You can contribute to our fundraiser here.